The A Team!

The A Team!
Aaron, Amanda, Adrian, Adam, Asa, Aidan and Ava
"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life." ~ Brian Andreas

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

We have I-800A Approval! Well, sort of...

So I noticed all of my fellow adoptive parents with application receipt dates of 2/14 were receiving their approvals on Monday (Love Chinaadopttalk btw). So I called USCIS yesterday to get an update on the status of our application and to make sure they received my updated homestudy- which I had been previously assured by someone else there that it had been added to our file. Can you see where this story might be going now? So Officer Banks called me back today to say that yes, we were approved on Friday! 46 days after receipt! But, what did I mean on the message when I asked about a revised homestudy? Hmmm.. Well, long story short, the revised homestudy never made it to the file. So while I was on hold for 10 minutes she was able to locate it. She won't make us file again but I have to disregard the other approval and use the one she'll make effective today. Awesome! I'll take it! So my friends, it is almost DOSSIER TO CHINA!

No comments:

Post a Comment