The A Team!

The A Team!
Aaron, Amanda, Adrian, Adam, Asa, Aidan and Ava
"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life." ~ Brian Andreas

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A glimpse into Ava's life before us...

Once again Lvliang Orphanage has hit the ball out of the park. It is obvious they cared for Ava as much as they could when there are hundreds going through their care at any given time. I just picked up the pictures I had developed from the disposable camera I sent with Ava's care package back in the early summer. Pictures of Ava with her friends, with her nannies, playing outside, eating her cake. A couple of her smiling, most not. Most of them show her with a blank expression, surrounded by children with the same blank expression. Had I received these before I met her I would be so thrilled to have a peek at her but now I look at them with a little sadness and I ask "who is this child?" I can't even put into words how much she has grown, both in body, personality and happiness. These pictures really hit me after having the past two months to get to know her and I once again I am counting my blessings that we get to be a part of her life journey.

1 comment:

  1. I love the 2 month pictures of Ava! She is such a doll.

    I have had this same thought about what life was like for our kids before us...looking at the pics from the orphanage, Raimey is almost unrecognizable now that we see her beautiful personality and joy.

    We are feeling so blessed to get to see the beautiful growth of our girls happening right before our eyes! Hugs to you all. :)

    ReplyDelete