The A Team!

The A Team!
Aaron, Amanda, Adrian, Adam, Asa, Aidan and Ava
"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life." ~ Brian Andreas

Monday, January 23, 2012

Skiing with Aidan

Yesterday Aidan and I went skiing at Smuggs. The sun was shining and there wasn't a bit of wind. It was his first time, and my first time teaching a little one. Boy is that hard! I tried to be patient and supportive, really I did, but I admit it wasn't easy. Afterwards when I told him I should have paid for lessons, he reassured me that I was a great teacher, even better than Kelsey. Which is saying a lot considering Kelsey was his first preschool teacher whom he adored. My favorite moments were when he told me what he really wanted to do was ride the lift to the top of the mountain after only two times of falling all the way down the mini mountain. Ummm, little dude, you have to actually ski down after you get to the top. It was his mission at that point to not fall on the mini mountain so that he could ride the lift. Could I resist? Nope, we rode the lift once towards the end of the day and he skiied on his butt most of the way down. But what a smile he had! The other favorite moment was after 5 hours of being tied into our torture devices called ski boots we took them off and rolled around the floor of the locker room, giggling at each other, saying "life is sooo good" and stretching out our cramped toes. Next week is Asa's turn!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those precious moments with our little boys! So glad you got some one-on-one. :)

    ReplyDelete