The A Team!

The A Team!
Aaron, Amanda, Adrian, Adam, Asa, Aidan and Ava
"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life." ~ Brian Andreas

Friday, July 29, 2011

I-800 Submitted!

Yesterday the I-800 was sent to USCIS (Immigrations). This document includes the Letter of Approval from China and Ava's specific information so that she can be determined an orphan and approved for adoption. This step takes about 2-3 weeks. Once that is done we can apply for a visa and then we can get travel approval. Right now it is taking about 8-10 weeks for travel approval from where we are right now. That means we could possibly travel in October but there is a trade show in Guangzhou (where we have to finalize the adoption) and this will make expenses about 3 times more than usual. It may mean we will have to postpone until the first two weeks in November. We can't make travel arrangements until we get travel approval and a consulate appointment anyways so we'll play it by ear. But it looks like end of October, beginning of November! That's only about 12 weeks away! I hope to get an update on Ava's size (and hopefully more pics!) soon so I will know what size to pack her. I'm planning on lots of dresses/stretchy pants so if I'm off a bit on the size it won't really matter. I have a TON of cute clothes size 2-3 given to me (thanks to Amy!) and purchased at yard sales and such. She is going to be one well dressed little girl! I just can't wait to be with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment