The A Team!

The A Team!
Aaron, Amanda, Adrian, Adam, Asa, Aidan and Ava
"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life." ~ Brian Andreas

Monday, September 26, 2011

She's losing it people....my day in summary...

Everyone in adoptive parent land knew that today was going to be the day for Travel Approvals. I've been waiting 17 days- the average for when one should be approved. There are about 10 people on RQ waiting for the good news. Last week, I think there was one approval. This day should have brought a landslide of them....Can you sense the anticipation? So, I woke up, got the kids ready for school and headed off to work. I'm plenty busy there. I should be able to keep my mind off this right? I actually thought to myself- I'm so cool and relaxed- I'm not going to check RQ or obsess about TA today, if I get it I get it and if I don't... (here, my friends, comes the downwards spiral) well, I may not get it all week, which puts us into the October holiday, which means TA would be at least two weeks away, and can I handle it if I don't get TA today?, maybe I better make a cheer up letter now to myself for after I don't get TA and I'll list all the good things about waiting to travel until November, I better check RQ and see if anyone else got TA, only two TAs from the same freakin' agency- what the hell? Is CC@AA trying to make us crazy? Is this some sort of endurance test? Well, I better call my agency and see if they heard anything. And I'll be casual about it, so they don't know I've turned into a momzilla (oh wait, my cover was blown along time ago)... nothing there yet, maybe tomorrow. Ugghh... Yep, I'm a freak. What's that phrase about whatever doesn't kill you?... oh yeah, it will make you stronger. I'm really strong right now- a really strong freak.

2 comments:

  1. I'm aching for you! I thought I'd see some good news today for sure. I'll pray you don't lose your mind in the process~ I'm not so sure I haven't lost part of mine with all this, too. Lol! Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you while you wait. It is so hard. Hope you get the news you are waiting for VERY soon!!

    ReplyDelete