The A Team!

The A Team!
Aaron, Amanda, Adrian, Adam, Asa, Aidan and Ava
"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life." ~ Brian Andreas

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The next morning

All continues to go well. Ava lost some of her tubes last night because either they were going to do it or she was going to do it for them! She's a strong little bugger that's for sure. They extubated her last night around 6 pm and she looks great. Her vital signs are all strong and the tests are all good. They pulled in a bed for her and I to sleep together. She wasn't really happy unless I was at the side of her bed with my arm stuck under her head so they thought it was best that they pull in the bed so I might be able to get some "sleep". That's a relative term in an ICU that is bright and bustling throughout the night. We got the bed all set up and wouldn't you know it, she tried to push me out! She has not been happy with me, nor the nurses for that matter. Obviously she is uncomfortable and more than a little angry at us. I don't blame her, poor baby. I remember reading on some adoption forum that surgery was a great bonding time. So far I've been wishing Aaron had stayed and been the bad guy. I'm sure she will be better, and ahem, nicer, once we get these various bandages, tubes, and boxes pinned to her nightie off her. I think these annoy her more than the pain. For a kid that can't stand food on her fingers, marker on her or even a sticker on her to now have something on every part of her body is a lot to handle. We move to a room today!

1 comment:

  1. Still thinking of you guys lots. I've heard that the anger with a parent is normal, but usually temporary. You're in the right spot...next to her side, whether it feels good right now or not. I bet she'll be clinging to and loving on mommy soon.

    ReplyDelete