The A Team!

The A Team!
Aaron, Amanda, Adrian, Adam, Asa, Aidan and Ava
"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life." ~ Brian Andreas

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Care Package Sent to Ava!


Ava

So yes, that is what we have decided to name her- Ava! The boys have pushed for this all along and I do love it but had to rule out a couple of other names first ;-) I haven't quite figured out her full name yet, as I want to use her Chinese name but don't want it to be too long either. But progress has been made and now we have something to call her besides a mispronunciation of her Chinese name.

On Monday I got Ava's care package together and sent it off to the translator.  I wrote a note to the orphanage and to her. I wrote that we loved her, would see her after the summer and that we hoped she would be happy to come home with us on a big plane and meet her wonderful brothers. I think Aaron had one of those weird reality moments when I told him that. Like, wow, this is really happening... It definitely did seem weird to be writing to her directly. I can only hope that the nanny reads it to her and talks to her about us for the next 3-4 months so that she can be prepared, somewhat, for meeting us.

This is what we sent:  Her blanket with her picture on it; a soft doll; a soft photo album filled with pics of us; a disposable camera; two sundresses; a sweater; a hair bow (for that adorable pebbles pony tail); and a bag of Lindt chocolates for the staff .


Note the little bow on the teddy bear on the photo album matches the blanket ribbon. So cute! The little sundress has watermelon slices on it. Not sure if they will dress her in it as they seem to really like the uniform she is in but it is worth a try!


                                               Every little girl needs a doll and blankie!



Photo Album with pictures of us and her home!

1 comment:

  1. I have been watching your blog as we are also adopting a girl with SN from China and also using Wasatch. I have so many questions I'd love to ask you...as you are a few steps ahead of us in this process. If you don't mind, e-mail me at aadjjohnson@msn.com and I'll get in touch with you!I love your blog and your precious baby girl.

    ReplyDelete