The A Team!

The A Team!
Aaron, Amanda, Adrian, Adam, Asa, Aidan and Ava
"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life." ~ Brian Andreas

Thursday, May 5, 2011

We have a video!

The orphanage sent us a video!  We know this doesn't happen very often so we are just so grateful and thrilled. They certainly went out of their way for us.
Some observations before you watch it:
1) I knew that we weren't pronouncing her name right. Dongyue obviously isn't pronounced the same in Chinese as it's written english form. We knew that, but didn't know how off we were. In the video the nanny says "Doy-ya" alot. I'm assuming this is her name. I'm going to try to find someone to translate the video for me just to make sure.
2) She is obviously ok with standing her ground with boys. That's a good thing ;-) She is going to need this quality around here. She does not want this darling little boy to touch her. He is such a love bug! But alas his love is unrequited.
3) As they go in circles- him trying to hug her, she trying to hit him, they remind me of a couple of sumo wrestlers and it makes me laugh.
4) The orphanage is letting her hair grow out! Proven by the darling, little pebbles updo she's sporting. Love it!
5) The boys think she walks like a penguin. And I have to agree!
6) I think the nanny says something about "mama" in the video. That's me! Probably told her to wave at mama or say hi to mama or something like that. Awww!! So Cute!!

So here she is... Our "Doy-ya"

3 comments:

  1. She is so cute. It is great that you were able to get a video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! She is darling and will do just fine with 4 brothers! That is great that they would send you a video. It sounds to me more like they are calling her Don-oy-ya, with a very light emphasis on the N.

    ReplyDelete