The A Team!

The A Team!
Aaron, Amanda, Adrian, Adam, Asa, Aidan and Ava
"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life." ~ Brian Andreas

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

So the day has finally come. In less than 12 hours we will be on a plane to China. I'm feeling pretty good about it. Work is all set, house is all set, boys are all set, dogs are all set, and we are packed up and ready to go. Aidan gave me 30 cents, and told me to put it towards going to pick up Ava. I take that as giving his blessing. Adrian just walked by, squeezed my knee, and asked if I was all set, packed and ready to go. Given that he has turned into a typical teenager as of late the fact that he has even acknowledged me has made my heart happy. The other two boys have been giving lots of hugs so they may very well be expecting to miss me a little bit too. Asa wanted to stay home from football practice tonight to spend a little more time with us. Pizzas are in the oven and we're having dinner with all of our boys!

A big shout out and thanks to Grammy, Meme, Louis and Pepe for staying with the boys and keeping the house going. We couldn't have done this without you. Thank you all for always being so supportive. Ava is very lucky to be getting such good grandparents.

4:00 a.m. is going to come quick- signing off for now. Next stop- China.

4 comments:

  1. Happy tears for you! Farewell my friend. God bless you and your trip, your boys who are staying and your Ava who is waiting.

    ~Angie J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHH this is one of the most exciting things ever!!!! Travel safe!! Hugs all around

    Love
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings for a life changing trip! Cant wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete