The A Team!

The A Team!
Aaron, Amanda, Adrian, Adam, Asa, Aidan and Ava
"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable and fall asleep and miss your life." ~ Brian Andreas

Saturday, October 15, 2011

We are on the countdown to China!

Wow, have I been busy! This is a lot of work- arranging home, work and travel in the past two weeks. You think you can be all ready when the the call comes, considering you have known this was coming for 10 months, but it doesn't exactly work like that. But it will be so worth it when Aaron and I are finally on our way to pick up Ava. I keep daydreaming about us getting on the plane and just sitting, with no other worries, just waiting until we are dropped off in our daughter's homeland. This eagerness is intermixed with some sadness. Ok, a lot of sadness. I don't want to leave the boys. I'm starting to have little panic attacks about how I'm going to deal with being away from them for so long. I hadn't anticipated feeling so strong about this but as the time draws nearer I keep tearing up and thinking about more things I need to tell their grandmothers about. That's my way of dealing- make a list! I know they are in safe hands, it isn't that. I'm just going to miss them, everything about them, even when they act like the Wild Things. I really wish we had the money to bring them all to China because I know that I will be thinking about them with each experience I have and how much they would like it. I love to travel and experience new things but to me, the icing on the cake is watching and learning about the world through my children's eyes. I can only hope that someday they get the chance to visit China themselves. They are being very brave for us though and they know that their part in this is staying home and supporting us from there. So that's enough of my mixture of sad and yet still happy ramblings. Back to cleaning and packing. I only have 3 days left...

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow your journey in China!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be on a plane in 4 days! Wow!!! I'm so excited for you...bittersweet to leave the boys, but try to enjoy some once in a lifetime travel, one-on-one time with your hubs, and then bonding with Ava. It'll make your return even sweeter! Oh yeah...and don't forget to blog. ;o)

    ~Angie J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you. And so excited to meet my new grand-daughter! What a lucky girl she is!! We love you and will support you in every way!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most moving experience to READ, I can't imagine living it!!! I can't wait to meet her and see you all.

    Hugs
    Amy Marquis

    ReplyDelete